Dandruff is very common among both the genders and is very dreadful to get rid off. It also damages the scalp, weakens the hair growth and leads to pimples. Dandruff occurs when malasezzia starts feeding on your scalp. It is a type of fungus which causes dandruff. Dandruff can also due to dryness of scalp or due to excess oil secretion on the scalp. It is better to cure them at an early stage. The following are some of the ways you can cure dandruff naturally:
- Neem Leaves –This medicinal plant has ample benefits to health and beauty. Neem leaves serves as antibiotic, antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic agent and thus is used for various purposes. It is an effective remedy in curing dandruff. Boil some neem leaves and drain it off completely. Use the neem water as your last rinse on your tresses. Follow this procedure once in a week and get rid of your dandruff naturally.
- Vinegar – Vinegar is blessed with potassium and cleans the scalp by removing the dead cells which are a reason for the dandruff. Apple Cider vinegar is considered the most effective amongst the other. Take 3 quarters of water and add 1 quarter of vinegar to it. Stir it till the chemical properties blends. Use it as a final rinse for your hair. Apply this once a week for better results.
- Fenugreek Seeds – Methi seeds not only removes dandruff but also strengthens the tresses. It aids in hair growth as well. Soak some methi seeds in water and leave it overnight. Grind it in the morning and allow a paste to be formed. Add some curd to it. Apply the mixture on your scalp. Remember methi seeds are sticky in nature and are difficult to get rid off. Allow it to settle for an hour so. Rinse it thoroughly.
- Aspirin – It is just not meant only for headaches but aslo cures dandruff. Aspirin contains salicylic acid which is an ingredient for anti dandruff shampoos. Take 2 aspirin tablets and form it to a powder. Add it to your shampoo before washing the hair and allow it to settle for 2 minutes. Rinse it well and wash it again with the plain shampoo. It works!
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea Tree Oil is also one among the remedies that cures your dandruff. Add few drops of tea tree oil in your shampoo and stir it. Wash your hair with the newly made shampoo. Rinse it thoroughly. You can also use tea tree oil to massage your hair. Leave it for an hour or so and wash it thoroughly with a mild shampoo. Condition it after the wash.
- Lemon and Curd – Lemon is filled with citric acid and curd has a type of bacteria which cures the dandruff. Take a bowl of curd and add few drops of fresh lemon juice to it. Stir it and apply the paste on your scalp and hair. It will cleanse the scalp and the tresses and you can gradually get rid of the dandruff. Apply this pack twice a week.
- Aloe Vera Gel – Aloe vera has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which makes it useful for skin and hair. It is a cleaning agent and thus removes the dirt and dead cells from the scalp. Take a fresh aloe vera leaf and squeeze the juice out of it. Take a cotton ball and apply it on your scalp and hair. Wash it after an hour with a mild shampoo and condition it. The scalp will be dandruff free and the hair will be soft and silky.
These were the 7 Tips To Cure Dandruff Naturally
*Written By Apsara